ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the needs of the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Sub-Region. ZEP-RE's operations are driven by the desire to provide excellent first-class reinsurance and technical services to all our business partners who are drawn from the breadth of the African continent and beyond.
We are seeking a high calibre and results-oriented young professional to join our business on one year internship. He/she must be self-driven, innovative, and able to work with minimum supervision and a committed team player.
ZEP-RE is working on a number of projects, and we are offering an opportunity to a young professional to gain work experience and learning on the job using these projects. Three main projects are in progress in microinsurance, data management, and agriculture. The areas of learning will be datamart creation, visualisation and software development.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), the incumbent will use PowerBI for datamart and visualisation, and C# for web development. They will need to customize software for computer/web programs, design prototype applications, implement and tests source code, and troubleshoot the applications.
He/she will specifically: -
· Database design to host data
· ETL process with data validation and checking
· Building of analysis reports
· User training in use of the reports
· System testing for in house systems development
· Help desk support
The tenure of the position is one year.
- Should have a Computer Science or related degree from a recognized University with a minimum degree class 2:1;
- Experience in PowerBI, C#, PHP, Java – demonstrated in school/internship work done
- Should have excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and supervisory skills.
ZEP-RE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED