CAREER OPPORTUNITY- SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the needs of the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Sub-Region. ZEP-RE's operations are driven by the desire to provide excellent first-class reinsurance and technical services to all our business partners who are drawn from the breadth of the African continent and beyond.
We are seeking a high calibre and results-oriented professional to create growth, capacity, and competitive advantage in our business in the capacity of Software Developer. He/she must be self-driven, innovative, and able to work with minimum supervision and a committed team player. The incumbent will be based at our Head office in Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Software Developer will develop and support web-based applications, using C# as primary language. They will need to customize software for computer/web programs, design prototype applications, implement and tests source code, and troubleshoot the applications. The software developer is expected to use cutting-edge technology. He/she will specifically: -
• Manage the improvement needs of web-based business applications.
• Develop new functionality.
• Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
• Training users - internal and external
• Developing quality assurance procedures for software development
• Should have an Computer Science degree from a recognized University with a minimum degree class 2:1;
• Certification and experience in C#, PHP, Java, Front End frameworks (React and Angular), Backend Frameworks (Springboot), Database Administration (SQL, Oracle, MySql)
• Knowledge of Flowable Workflow System would be added advantage.
• Should have at least 3 years of software development experience.
• Membership to recognized Professional bodies.
• Should have excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and supervisory skills.
ZEP-RE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED