EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Region. Partnering with ACRE Africa, we are seeking high caliber and results-oriented professionals to implement the AMAZING CROP INSURANCE PROGRAM (ACIP) July 2021-July 2023 in the following capacities:
- PROJECT MANAGER
- Design and implement project activities including the development of work plans, recruitment of personnel, and management of activity teams, project budgets and activity resources.
- Ensure quality control of project activities, including supporting field teams, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
- Overall supervision of ACRE Africa’s Champion farmer network across the different counties, through direct supervision of the county supervisors. This includes ensuring that the champion network is fully in place at the beginning of each season.
- Setting the KPI’s of all the personnel in the champion network in conjunction with ACRE management and project partners.
- Formulate a clear champion training plan and schedules and ensures that they have all the required resources for implementation.
- Responsible for the overall management and responsibility of distribution and sales of products to target beneficiaries, ensuring that all sales targets are achieved.
- Ensure that necessary permissions and licenses for activity implementation are obtained on time in respective counties.
- Ensure project implementation and monitoring is done in a timely manner through provision of biweekly updates and reports on field activities. This includes research and development research reports, technical notes, and related project activities.
- Maintain positive relationships with project implementation partners and targeted beneficiaries.
- Participate in new business activities including but not limited to technical writing, recruitment, cost, partner recruitment and management, and strategy development. This will include contribution to corporate systems and procedures development, support of the senior management, and willingness to support the improvement of the overall business.
- Attend to other duties that may be assigned.
The preferred candidate should have: -
- At least bachelor’s/master’s degree in Agri-Business Management related field/Rural development or a relevant field.
- Relevant Professional Qualifications in Agri-Business Management.
- At least 4 years’ relevant work experience in managing large field teams in relation agri-business service/rural development.
- Proven ability to grow sales and develop client relationships especially in agricultural/insurance.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver set targets.
- Performance driven with an understanding of commercialization of agriculture.
- Honest, reliable, and proactive with good networking skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to change in priorities.
- Experience and knowledge in agriculture insurance will be an added advantage.
ZEP-RE / ACRE AFRICA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females and youth with requisite qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED