EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY
DIGITAL SOLUTIONS MANAGER
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Region. In partnership with the World Bank, ZEP-RE was assigned as the implementing agency for the De-Risking, Inclusion and Value Enhancement of pastoral economies in the Horn of Africa Project (DRIVE), a regional International Development Association (IDA) project implemented in Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Somalia. We are seeking high caliber and results-oriented professionals to manage in the project implementation.
Duty Station: Nairobi
Project Duration: 4 years
- THE ROLE
The company seeks the services of a Digital Solutions Manager. The goal of the assignment will be to drive project development, define and support the development IT tool to be deployed in product distribution and collecting of data, promotion, and associated training including project collateral and report presentations.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant
The Digital Solutions Manager will report to the Project Coordinator, their specific tasks include:
- Stakeholder engagement during project execution especially on the development of the product and IT tool for distribution and data collection
- Procurement of software applications as needed for the project.
- Manage the development of in-house software applications.
- Implementation of applications in the target countries.
- Maintaining and upgrading the systems post-go live
- Training and supporting users, both internal and external users of the project
- Managing the delivery team towards a shared goal and ensuring maximum utilization of the tools capacity to ensure effectiveness in the team
- Handover of systems to in-house team at the end of the project
- Carrying out other duties as will be assigned from time to time
- THE PERSON
Candidates should meet the following qualifications:
- a) Degree in Information Technology (IT) or related field
- b) IT professional qualifications Some experience preferably in an insurance/ reinsurance company is an asset.
- c) A minimum of 5 years experience in the role preferably in an insurance/ reinsurance
company is an asset.
- d) High integrity, passionate and loves challenges and innovative
- e) Detail oriented with strong technical skills
- f) Good communication and interpersonal skills in a team-oriented environment
- g) Experience in managing a team
- h) Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
ZEP-RE is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED