EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Region. Partnering with ACRE Africa, we are seeking high caliber and results-oriented professionals to implement the AMAZING CROP INSURANCE PROGRAM (ACIP) July 2021-July 2023 in the following capacities:
COUNTY COORDINATOR (10 positions): [Target counties: Bungoma, Busia, Homabay, Kericho, Kisii, Migori, Nakuru, Nandi, Siaya, Trans Nzoia, Uasin Gishu and Vihiga]
- Identify and Implement hiring of champions in their respective counties based on the criterion provided by the project manager.
- Responsible for the overall management and coordination of the champions farmers and the project deliverables in the region of work.
- Core responsibilities is to ensure that champions meet their deliverables, farmer listing, product distribution and sales, data collection at the end of the season.
- Ensures champions are available for training on distribution, monitoring and treatment specific trainings.
- Works to ensure access to farmers through champions by researchers and the rest of the team.
- Attend to other duties that may be assigned.
The preferred candidates should have: -
- Proven residency in the target counties of implementation.
- Proven, familiarity and understanding of the county of operation in terms of agricultural landscape with knowledge of agricultural zones and wards in their counties of operations.
- At least a diploma in an agricultural related field/sales and marketing/insurance/rural development.
- 2-10 years’ experience in target county with experience in leading teams.
- Ability to read and write, use smartphone and conversant with the use of word and excel programs.
ZEP-RE / ACRE AFRICA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females and youth with requisite qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED