4. Capacity Building and Training Lead
Duty station: Nairobi
Project Duration: 24 months
Designing and development of the curriculum, coordination, and training of service providers who will be offering and distributing the Livestock Weather Indexed Insurance product ( Name) and other similar products, such as insurance companies, banks / MFIs, aggregators ( meat, leather products, and milk cooperatives and companies), etc, planning and dissemination of product information ( usage and benefits) campaign to targeted community groups and individuals, local / county governments and other institutions. He/She will specifically be responsible for: -
• Research and training need situational analysis premised on the scope of the insurance products that are being developed and those to be embedded.
• Curriculum design and development with the support and involvement of the Academy team and other stakeholders.
• Development of training kits and tools such as manuals (print and digital), presentations, group exercises, case studies, simulations/role plays, videos, and product infomercials, etc.
• Collaboration with key stakeholders and experts in the curriculum development process
• Benchmarking with other international training service providers in terms of curriculum content and delivery processes.
• Review and evaluation of the effectiveness of the whole or parts of the curriculum depending upon the changing operating environment etc.
• Develop and conduct needs assessments that determine what types and duration of training programs in line with the standards defined in the curriculum that would be applicable
• Perform other duties as will be assigned from time to time
The preferred candidate should have: -
• Degree in Agriculture / Animal husbandry
• Demonstrable role experience, minimum 5 years
• A master’s degree and a post-graduate diploma in either curriculum development or training will be added advantages
• Must have either ACII or equivalent Insurance qualification.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in insurance or reinsurance preferably in Agriculture / Bloodstock insurance underwriting or claims management
• Demonstrable ability to work under pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines, and hold self and others to account.
• Ability to work creatively, and sometimes independently, to develop initiatives, find solutions and work collaboratively with appropriate supervision.
• Ability to design, implement and report on an activity-based budget.
• Ability to interact, and use online assessment, and feedback platforms.
• Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Suite of Applications
• Comfortable with data analytics and has good experience with data manipulation using Excel for reporting.
• Advanced fluency in written and spoken English.
• Experience of working in multi-lingual, multi-cultural, multi-geographical teams is desirable.
ZEP-RE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well-qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED