EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Region. Partnering with ACRE Africa, we are seeking high caliber and results-oriented professionals to implement the AMAZING CROP INSURANCE PROGRAM (ACIP) July 2021-July 2023 in the following capacities:
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (Agricultural Inputs and Markets)
- Manage and deliver commercial and technical business plan.
- Develop and manage insurance based agricultural inputs account relationship in all channels; franchisee, retail, wholesale, farm-level, institutions, cooperatives, and wholesale.
- Develop and maintain insurance based agricultural inputs distribution infrastructure (route-to-market) to ensure adequate coverage and route profitability.
- Recommend training needs for input companies, target beneficiaries (farmers, county govts, FI’s), project staff while identifying business opportunities for the counties.
- Onboard and manage input providers to take up agricultural insurance and ensure that the necessary documentation for operations is in place.
- Collating and maintaining client information in the ACRE Africa database.
- Account for all field activities and expenses.
- Evaluate the risk in ACRE Africa insurance and loan transactions and assign a probability of default and loss given default.
- Participate in new business activities including but not limited to technical writing, recruitment, cost, partner recruitment and management, and strategy development. This will include contribution to corporate systems and procedures development, support of the senior management, and willingness to support the improvement of the overall business.
- Attend to other duties that may be assigned.
The preferred candidate should have: -
- Bachelor’s degree in Agri-Business Management, sales and marketing or a related field.
- Relevant Professional Qualifications in Agri-Business Management.
- 3-7 years’ experience in a busy commercial retail environment with experience in leading teams.
- Familiarity with distribution and route to market models.
- Understanding of retail, wholesale & agricultural environment.
- Proven ability to grow sales and develop client relationships especially in agricultural/insurance.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver set targets.
- Performance driven with an understanding of commercialization of agriculture.
- Honest, reliable, and proactive with good networking skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to change in priorities.
Experience and knowledge in agriculture insurance will be an added advantage.
ZEP-RE / ACRE AFRICA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females and youth with requisite qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED