EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY –ASSISTANT KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER MEDICAL
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Region. We are seeking a high caliber and results-oriented professional to create growth, capacity, and competitive advantage in our business in the capacity of Assistant Key Account Manager Medical. Duty station will be Nairobi, Kenya.
To assist in effecting the mandate of the company in aspects of Medical Reinsurance business. Reporting to Head of Medical, the successful candidate will specifically: -
- Examine medical business offers (renewals and new business), make recommendations, and ascertain their renewability in due time.
- Work out premium quotations for medical insurance/reinsurance offers / programs.
- Check and recommend for approval medical reinsurance slips, and treaty wordings or addenda, as required.
- Deal promptly with underwriting correspondence of medical business.
- Maintain and update medical underwriting files and ascertain the adhesion to office procedures in maintenance of proper records.
- Ascertain the timely receipt of statements of accounts from ceding companies, their correctness, and to verify their processing as required by office procedures.
- Monitor profitability of business in markets serviced.
- Handle correspondences to and from cedants.
- Carry out data analysis, market research and Industry analysis.
- Participate in product development and pricing as and when required.
- Assist in Actuarial Valuation exercise as and when required.
- Attend to any other duties that may be assigned.
- The preferred candidate should have: -
- An Actuarial Science degree from a recognized University
- Pursuing professional actuarial qualification or
- Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII) certification will be an added advantage.
- Experience in SAS or equivalent analytical software would an added advantage
- Minimum experience of 2 years in medical insurance or medical reinsurance
- Experience in reinsurance will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated record of innovation.
About the Candidate
- Self-starter, curious, keen, and willing to learn quickly.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills.
- High professionalism and integrity in line with ZEP-RE’s Values
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED