EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY – MANAGER RETAKAFUL WINDOW
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Region. ZEP-RE operates a Retakaful Window in Khartoum, Sudan. We are seeking a high calibre and results-oriented professional to create growth, capacity, and competitive advantage in our business in the capacity of Manager Retakaful Window. Duty station will be Khartoum, Sudan.
To assist in effecting the mandate of the company in all aspects of Reinsurance Underwriting. He/She will specifically: -
« Provide quality support to our clients;
« Underwrite treaty and facultative reinsurance business;
« Carry out company training initiatives for staff and clients;
« Carry out periodic market research and analysis;
« Grow the company brand and market share and perform any other duties as will be assigned from time to time ;
EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY NAIROBI KENYA – TECHNICAL ACCOUNTANT (May 2018) Closing Date 11th May 2018
EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY - ASSISTANT UNDERWRITER UGANDA OFFICE (MAY 2018) Closing Date Friday 18th May 2018
EXCELLENT CAREER OPPORTUNITY – HEAD OF LEGAL AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS
ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Region. We are seeking a high calibre and results-oriented professional to create growth, capacity, and competitive advantage in our business in the capacity of Head of Legal and Regulatory Affairs. Duty station will be Nairobi, Kenya.
Reporting to the CEO / Managing Director, the Head Of Legal And Regulatory Affairs will be responsible for providing strategic legal guidance to the CEO / Managing Director and all departments of ZEP-RE to effectively manage legal risks, focused on Stakeholder Management. Duties will include, but not limited to, the following: -
- Engaging/ lobbying Governments, Regulatory bodies and Industry associations on pertinent issues relating to the industry.
- Engaging Regulatory authorities and public agencies in Member countries on issues of localization and creation of local capacity.
- Ensuring that Zep-Re has local recognition in all COMESA member countries including signing the charter and implementing the 10% Compulsory cessions and equity participation by governments or public bodies (e.g. Pension Funds).
- Negotiating Host Agreements including privileges and immunities with Member countries.
- Ensuring compliance with all Regulations in non-member countries.
- Negotiating and managing term sheets and partnerships with international partners.
- Keeping abreast and participating in insurance laws and Regulation reviews at national and regional levels (COMESA, EAC, IGAD).
- Managing external legal consultants.
- Giving legal advice to internal departments as and when it is required.
- Providing legal advice to the CEO on various issues on a regular basis.
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
The preferred candidate should have: -
- A Master of Laws from a recognized University.
- LLB (Hons) Degree from a recognized University;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice;
- Demonstrated Regional Insurance Management Experience;
- Computer fluency in MS Office suite plus other Insurance/ Reinsurance packages;
- At least 10 years’ Managerial Experience in a legal environment;
- Demonstrated participation of Board operations in reputable institutions of at least 3 years;
- Excellent communication and Legal skills;
- Be a team player;
- Value excellency and first-class service provision;
- Be of high professionalism and integrity.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit applications to the HR & Admin Manager by e-mail attaching a detailed CV, scanned copies of academic & professional qualifications, current remuneration and three referees by Thursday 30th November 2017 to: email@example.com
ZEP-RE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED